How to Advertise Yourself as an Online Teacher in 2022
The popularity of online courses is rising globally, primarily due to the pandemic. The e-learning market may exceed $325 bn by 2025, growing 5% annually. If you are an online private tutor, you can be making an average of Rs 5,00,000 per year. The average value of an online teaching course is Rs 15,000-20,000 per student, which makes becoming an online teacher a lucrative career option.
In this article, we will outline essential tips for online teaching. Online teaching is the future of education, and it is best to invest in online advertising for teachers to leverage technology for growth.
There are quite a few ways to get to the top online private tutors’ list. This article will explore some tips and tricks for online advertising for teachers, online teaching, and private tutors.
- Highlight your abilities and USP:
The best online teachers and private tutors promote themselves online. They are aware of their skills and abilities and highlight them while marketing online.
- If you specialise in teaching a particular subject or have invested in an online teacher training course, then make sure to highlight it.
- You can also add in your qualifications to make a bigger impact.
- If you have a special skill or way of teaching or any additional service, make sure to put that in too.
In a nutshell, highlight your USP!
- Create a robust online presence: The first step for your online presence is to be consistent in your communication everywhere. Use social media, website marketing and email marketing. The first thing parents do is check a teacher’s credential online.
- Use conventional and unconventional methods:
- Make sure to use all the unconventional methods of online advertising for teachers.
- Apart from LinkedIn and your website, consider using Facebook and Instagram as platforms for marketing.
- Today, many online teachers have dedicated social media handles, where their reach is much higher. You can also link it to educational blogs on your website.
- Reviews and testimonials: Reviews and testimonials are a great way of instilling trust in your audience, especially when it comes to online teaching.
- If you have taught online in the past as a private tutor, then you can request your previous students to share their testimonials.
- Add these to your website and social media handles.
- You can invest in PPC (pay-per-click) advertising as well.
- Demo classes:
- Consider investing time in demo lectures and live streams. You can also provide a set of notes free of cost to demonstrate the kind of work you do as a private tutor.
- These handouts and samples will aid you in getting new students. Make a YouTube channel if you can and upload videos regularly to create an impact.
- Make sure it is different from what other online teachers or private tutors online are sharing.
- Create a tutor network:
- Creating your tutor network will mutually help multiple private tutors participate in online teaching.
- Reach out to fellow online teachers and ask them to introduce you to their students, and you can do the same by putting in a good word for them to your students. For example, if you specialise in English and know a maths tutor, you can reach out to them. This way, your interests also do not clash. This is called word-of-mouth marketing.
- Stay consistent: This is the key to advertising yourself as an online teacher. You have to stay consistent and not expect overnight visibility or success. Stay focused and keep sharing content that creates value.
- Put yourself out there:
- You have to put yourself out there. Network with educators, schools, colleges and parents to be visible.
- You can also approach education influencers and collaborate with them. Podcasts are a great way of reaching out to students and piquing their interests.
- You can be a part of influencer podcasts or create your own. Pick a topic that is good for you and the influencer. It is a win-win situation!
- Create more video content: Video content is in demand today because it is easy to consume. Create Youtube videos, Instagram stories, reels, etc. This will help put across your message quickly as a private tutor online.
Do you find it daunting to create a robust digital presence as an online teacher or a private tutor online? If you need guidance, you should look at reaching out to professionals who can bridge the gap between offline and online teaching. Kohbee is such a platform that helps in online advertising for teachers and is adept with teacher tools online. Kohbee is used by over 30,000 people, including content creators, fitness trainers and online teachers.
The app is free and secure. It is designed to enable anyone to create a website freely, collect leads, network, sell courses, design modules, conduct live classes and build connections in the industry. Download Kohbee to know more.